Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Do you have a right to be indignant?

Yes! You do have a right to be indignant!

"But I'm just a grad student....things will improve for me when I finally finish my degree..."

Not if you never stand up for your rights! Is being an over-burdened gradstudent a right of passage or an unnecessary process?

"Well, actually, I feel like I'm lucky even to have a job. Really, it's like the university is doing me a favor."

Really? Graduate students make up 20% of the employee population. This university cannot run without us. Considering that students pay tuition to take your class and that you are considered a qualified instructor, capable of educating students in the university, don't you think you deserve fair treatment?

Tell your university administration that at the town hall meeting on Wednesday.

No comments: