Friday, January 30, 2009

I declare a full emergency!

I just received this e-mail from Paula Aboud:
"This is urgent. And this is serious. We need your help to save Education for Arizona. We just received word that Gov. Brewer is tallying the # of phone calls on the Education budget cuts! You must call her now and say eliminate the cuts to Education!!!

Her # outside Phoenix is: (800) 253-0883 Inside Phx: (602) 542-4331 Paula Aboud State Senator District 28, Tucson US +1 8003528404 Call X 6-5262 Appropriations Committee, Ranking Democrat , Health Committee Education Committee "

I just called and the voice mailbox is full!!!!!!! (11pm, Friday the 30th of January)

Write an e-mail using this website: http://azgovernor.gov/Contact.asp

Call! Don't know what to say? Here's a suggestion:

"Hello my name is (NAME) and I live in (CITY). I am calling to oppose cuts to public K-12 and university education in Arizona. I feel that such cuts would not only be detrimental to our future, but also irreparably harm our state’s economy. I am ashamed that such cuts have even been proposed, considering Arizona’s current education standing in the nation. If (SEN/ /REP. _____) upholds these cuts, I will encourage everyone I know to vote against (HIM/HER) in the next election."

Then call Rep. Kavanagh (602) 926-5170
Speaker Adams (602) 926-549
President Burns (602) 926-5993
Sen. Pearce (602) 926-5760

Too shy? Call in the middle of the night like we did and leave a voice mail!
It’s 4 calls and will cost you 4 cell phone minutes.


You do not need to be an AZ resident, a citizen or currently living in AZ to call: You value your AZ degree, your AZ job, your child's education. No matter who you are or where you live, you have a right to defend the value of quality public education!

Do it now! Opinions are being counted! Have your voice heard before it is too late!

No comments: